Saturday 9: Easter Parade ("In Your Easter Bonnet") (1933)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is about a special Easter hat to be worn with your "Sunday best." Will you be getting dressed up this weekend?
2) Sam is not crazy about hats because she cannot stand "hat hair." Do you have a lot of hats or caps?
3) This song was inspired by New York City's Easter Parade. Does your community host a similar event?
4) On April 6, President Obama and Michelle will host lucky children for the 137th White House Easter Egg Roll. Which are your favorite eggs: colored hard-boiled eggs, chocolate marshmallow eggs, or plastic eggs with coins inside?
5) How about Peeps? Would you rather have yellow chicks or pink bunnies?
6) The biggest chocolate Easter egg was made in Italy, measured 34 feet tall and weighed a staggering 15,000 lbs. Do you thinks it's possible to have too much chocolate?
7) Jelly beans are also popular this time of year. A 2013 poll tells us that red is by far the favorite jelly bean color, with yellow a distant second. Do you have a preference?
8) We've been talking a lot about sweets this morning. The only holiday that generates more candy sales is Halloween. When do you eat more candy: Easter or Halloween?
9) Easter is considered the season of rebirth. What makes you feel refreshed or rejuvenated?
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!