Saturday 9: Don't You Care? (1967)
If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.1) What's something that seems to fascinate everyone else, but you just don't care about?
2) The lyrics refer to "the times we cried and laughed." Which did you do more recently, cry or laugh?
3) In the song, our hero seems surprised that his girlfriend doesn't believe him. Are you more believing and trusting, or suspicious and skeptical?
4) This song is just over two minutes long, which seems short for a song but awful long when Sam is waiting for her chicken soup to heat in the microwave. What's the last thing you heated in a microwave?
5) This week's band, The Buckinghams, was one of the first acts to perform at Chicago's premiere summer festival, The Taste of Chicago.* Let's think ahead: Have you made any plans for Summer 2016?
6) In 1967, when this song was popular, Rolling Stone magazine published its first issue. What magazines do you subscribe to? Do they arrive in the mail, or do you read them online?
7) Country star/American Idol judge Keith Urban was born in 1967. Are you watching the final season of American Idol?
8) In 1967, the average cost of a movie ticket was $1.25. By 2015, it had risen $8.60. What's the last movie you saw in a theater?
9) Random question: Sam's taking everyone out to dinner and she's buying. Would you prefer the steak or the lobster?
*Though back in 1970, it was called ChicagoFest.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us next week for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!